Thursday, March 17, 2011

Prairie Story Peanut Butter Cookies







If you're from the Canadian (or US) prairies, you need to check out Prairie Story.  Alison is such a sweetheart. Every Thursday she hosts Recipe Swap Thursday. It's a great place to find tonnes of new ideas for dinner, or lunch....or dessert for that matter.  Additionally on Thursday she starts off the Link Party with one of her amazing recipes. 

I had yet to try my hand at one of
Alison's creations, until now!

Prairie Story Peanut Butter Cookies

What You'll Need
1/2 C shortening
1 C peanut Butter
2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbls vinegar
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Cream together shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar.  Leave your shortening out at room temperature for a while, it will make it easier to cream!


Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Then stir in vinegar.

Mix in flour, salt and baking soda.
I would recommend mixing in the flour 1 cup at a time.  I mean unless you're super woman and have amazing biceps!

Roll into one inch balls and place on baking sheet. 

Press down with a fork to make a crossed pattern
I dunno what it is, but this criss cross patter is what make pb cookies unique!  I was so shocked to see that someone else did this too!  My Gramma and Mum both pressed peanut butter cookies with a fork too!


Bake @ 375 for 7-8 minutes until edges brown.
I made my cookies pretty big so the
recipe only yielded 24 cookies instead of 36!


The baking time is perfect, because it keeps
the cookies soft and brownie-like on the inside.
Needless to say these cookies didn't stick around my house very long! I bet they'll disappear just as fast at your house!

No comments: