Sunday, June 26, 2011

Salad Sunday #1

Welcome to the first installment of my
30 Days of Salad Series!


Here's my version of Rachael Ray's Creamy Lemony Pepper-Parmesan Dressing on Romaine Lettuce

What You'll Need
3 heaping tablespoons mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 teaspoon coarse pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmigiana cheese
Pinch salt
2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
Sliced mushrooms (Leslie addition)
Sliced cucumber (Leslie addition)
Grated carrot (Leslie addition)

Combine Miracle Whip, lemon zest and lemon juice.  I added a bit extra lemon juice from the bottle because I didn't think it was lemony enough!  Whisk in ground pepper. Pour in the extra-virgin olive oil while you whisk to combine.  Once the oil is combined with the acid (the lemon juice) and the Miracle Whip, stir in the cheese and a pinch of salt and blend together.  Pour over salad just before serving and enjoy!


This is a fresh twist on a classic Caesar dressing.  I added more lemon than was listed in the recipe because I didn't feel like there was enough zip.  The lemon gives a fresh almost earthy flavour to the dressing.  This is definitely a lighter alternative to Caesar dressing and is a great summer salad!  I served this with Grilled Salmon Fillet.



1 comment:

Barb said...

ummmm... looks delicious!