Monday, June 27, 2011

This is a blog-jacking!!

Hello all you Try to Keep Uppers!  This is Jill here (from Envirocraftiness!)  I'm Leslie's little sister and I'm joining in on her 30 Days of Salad! 



Today I want to share my Impromptu Taco Salad with you... aka Things I had in my house salad!

Photobucket

Start with a bed of lettuce - I used the organic romaine that you get from Costco in a tub. There really is a lot of lettuce under there - I promise!!

Add cut up chicken breast cooked with taco seasoning (for a veggie option, try black beans -  well rinsed of course)

Sprinkle on shredded cheddar, diced tomatoes, and olives.

Crush some tortilla chips and toss on top.

For dressing I just mixed some taco seasoning mix in low fat sour cream.  I love this combination - sometimes for more zip I throw in some Miracle Whip!

Enjoy!

No comments: