Friday, March 30, 2012

Mum's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Y'all know I don't bake very often. So when I get the urge I gotta hop on it. This weekend I felt like baking cookies. And I just happened to have everything I needed on hand to make my Mum's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!

What You'll Need
1 cup shortening
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups oatmeal

Cream shortening and sugars together



Add eggs and vanilla




Add all the dry ingredients except the oatmeal



Add chocolate chips and then the oatmeal




Bake at 350 F for about 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven


Yummy!


When my Mum makes them, they always turn out crispy (boo).  But I think I make my cookies bigger and they end up chewier.  I also roll my dough into balls and I think Mum just plops hers on with a spoon - maybe that's the difference.  If you bake these goodies, let me know how they work out for you!

button+FTF.jpg

No comments: