Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rubbed Potatoes

I don't eat potatoes very often.  Hardly ever.  The whole "carbs are evil" thing really sticks out to me when it comes to potatoes (pasta however has no carbs-right!?!?) Anywho, I was in need of a quick dinner fix the other day and decided on oven roasted potatoes.  But how to make them different and delicious? 
Use a rub!


What You'll Need
Potatoes
Olive Oil
Brown Sugar
Garlic Salt
Chili Powder
Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Wash your potatoes and cut them into dice sized pieces.  Throw them in a microwavable bowl and nook them for about 12 minutes, stirring half way through.  This is a trick my Dad taught me.  If you start cooking the potatoes in the microwave it makes dinner WAY faster!

Toss them with olive oil, and a combination of brown sugar, chili powder, garlic salt and pepper.  The quantities are up to you.  I would say about 2 tablespoons of sugar to 2 teaspoons of chili powder and garlic salt (each) and 1 teaspoon of pepper. 
But I'm guessing here.

Throw the potatoes on a baking sheet and set in the oven at about 350 F until they're golden brown, maybe 15 minutes? 

Enjoy!
They really are a savoury, flavourful way to serve up boring old potatoes!
It's a Keeper

No comments: