Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crocheted Monkey Hat

While I was at the beach this weekend with my girlfriend Rachel and her little girl (and my god daughter!) Bella, Rachel mentioned she wanted to dress Bella up as a monkey for Halloween.  More specifically, Curious George.  And Rachel would go as The Man in the Yellow Hat!  

I loved the idea.  
And I jumped on the chance to make a monkey hat for Bella!

I love this little girl.  I'm not close to becoming a mama (not sure I'll ever really feel ready) but being able to make cute baby crocheted projects makes me silly happy!  I already made a pair of crocheted Mary Janes for Bella (they still need buttons) and was eager to make this monkey hat.



I found the pattern originally on Ravelry (love-so many inspiring projects) but then I followed the links to the cute blog it was originally posted on.   I followed the 3-6 month pattern, since Bella is 4 months old right now, but will be 6 months by the time Halloween rolls around.  

Sans Ears

The pattern was easy to follow, although I will admit that I had to google half double crochet and half double crochet decrease :)  And I always have to google slip stitch.  I never remember slip stitch, mainly because I rarely use it. 

I can't wait to see how cute Bella is in this!

Party Party Party

No comments: