Sunday, January 20, 2013

It was SO cold in Saskatchewan....

... * all together now* "HOW COLD WAS IT?"  
F$%KING cold (pardon mon francais)!  



But seriously it was super cold. 
Like -30* CELSIUS! 
That's -22* for the Yanks! 

So cold I had to make myself a new scarf while I was there.  



Do you like it?  I love it!  I made it with Martha Stewart Alpaca, Wool, Acrylic blend that I got for $2.99 a skein!  Yes you read that correctly!  The wool was normally $14.99/skein and I got it for $2.99 each! I may or may not have purchased copious amounts of said wool.

If you crochet you can find this pattern on Ravelry.  It's super easy, takes three skeins (don't skimp, it really takes three) and one evening (depending on how fast you are!)  I made three while I was in SK over the break and made two for Christmas gifts.  It's a great winter warmer.  It hasn't been very warm here inVancouver, so I've been able to wear this lovely since being home.


Keeping It SimpleSumo's Sweet Stuff
Skip To My Lou






4 comments:

Kira Sanders said...

Thanks for visiting me over at My Sesame Seed Buns. I'm now following you via GFC. Have a great Sunday!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Super cute! I have been working on the same pot holder for a few years, so I probably couldn't make this in a day! But I am recommitting myself to learning how to crochet this year!

Ana Love Craft said...

So lovely!!! Love the color! Thanks so much for sharing.Would love to have you visit me sometime.
Have a fabulous week!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Rasmussen Family said...

i love to gift handmade gifts like this. looks cute