Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mug Cakes

Yes, I'm a little late to the party, but I have just stumbled upon MUG CAKES!  I have a sweet tooth  (don't we all) but usually I'm a salty girl.  If you put a bag of chips or a doughnut in front of me, 99% of the time I'm going to pick the chips!    But every now and again I need a little sweet.  Something small.  I loathe baking because it's so finicky and I hate the idea of having whole batch of cookies or a cake sitting out in my kitchen tempting me.

MUG CAKES TO THE RESCUE! 
Start here if you're looking for some seriously scrumptious mug cake recipes.

I made the Flourless Peanut Butter mug cake.  I thought I was so smart to add chocolate chips, which only ended up totally melted on the bottom of the mug :)  PS I ate it so fast I didn't even have time to take a picture. 

Next I tried the Bailey's Mug Cake.  It's not surprise that I enjoy an adult beverage now and then :)  So to have an adult Mug Cake-bring it on!
As you can see I also added chocolate chips to this one.  This time they stayed on top and were a perfect addition.


Do you have a favourite mug cake recipe?  I'd love to try it out!

It's a Keeper


1 comment:

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

These sound so good! Maybe if you coated your chocolate chips in flour, they might not sink to the bottom. That usually works for me in traditional cake/muffin recipes.

I can't wait to give these a whirl myself!

Christina @ It's a Keeper