Monday, March 11, 2013

Blog Jacking Guilt

I hope y'all enjoyed the blog jacking last week.  My little sister Jill blog jacked me to share that I have never made lasagna.  I know?!?! Never made it.  It seemed so finicky.  I also don't have my Dad's recipe so I used that as a good excuse.

Anywho, I buckled down and made lasagna!

I used the same ingredients that she did, except that I used Trader Joe's No Boil lasagna noodles (that was fun-keep reading to find out!)


Just like Jilly said, sauté your onions, garlic and brown the ground beef.


Then get your noodles ready.  I was using no boil noodles, which I've never done before.  So I decided to pour boiling water over them to soften them up a bit before I put them in the lasagna.  Ha ha ha, they stuck together SO bad!  Don't do that!



Then I put my cottage cheese and spinach and egg together.  Unlike Jill I used dry curd cottage cheese.  That's what my Dad always used, so that's what I used.  I also feel like if you use wet cottage cheese your lasagna is too sloppy!


Mix it up with the spinach.


Chop your parsley, and once your meat is done add in the parsley and sauce.


Let that simmer for about 5 minutes and then stack it up!  Unlike Jill I started with a layer of noodles.

Noodles, sauce, noodles, cheese, noodles, sauce, noodles, sauce, cheese.  You got that?


Now it's ready for the oven!

Bake for 40-45 minutes.  
Let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving. 



No comments: