Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lemon Herb Cod

I purchased some cod a few weeks ago from Costco.  We usually eat salmon but I was in the mood for something different.  I found this recipe online from, who else, Miss Martha Stewart.  So you know it's gonna be good.  



1 medium shallot, finely chopped
*I only had red onion, so I minced a bit of that in place of the shallot
1 cup dry white wine
*I used Kim Crawford's Sauvignon Blanc
2 lemons-1 juiced and 1 sliced
6 Tbls butter, cut in small pieces
1/4 cup capers roughly chopped
*I didn't have capers so I omitted them all together
salt and pepper
1 cup loosely packed fresh herbs
*I used fresh parsley and cilantro with quite a bit dried dill
4 six ounce cod fillets

After prepping all your herbs and what not, combine the onion, wine and lemon juice in a skillet.  Bring to a boil and reduce the heat.  Allow the mixture to simmer and reduce, about 10 minutes. 


Remove from heat and stir in the butter, salt and pepper, (capers if using) and 3/4 of the herbs.  

Once everything was combined together I emptied the skillet and poured the sauce into a bowl and set aside.

In the same skillet add 5 tablespoons of the sauce over medium-high heat.  Season the fillets with salt and pepper and place in the skillet.  Arrange the lemon slices on top and sprinkle in the remaining herbs.  Cook until the fish starts to soften, then flip-CARFEULLY!  Don't worry, my fish fell apart too!  That just means it's awesome!


Flip and cook until the fish is white throughout and flakey.  Serve with lemon slices and sauce.



I served mine with Israeli couscous and green beans!
Dragonfly Designs


No comments: