Tuesday, April 2, 2013

No Bake Lime Cheesecake

This is the first real cheesecake I've made.  I've made Pineapple Cheesecake but it's not in a pie crust.  This one is!  And it's lime.  I LOVE LIME!  I really love lime.  Anything lime is good in my books.  And I thought the lovely mint colour would work well for Easter.

What You Need
1 small package lime jello
1 cup boiling water
3 Tbls lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes fresh squeezed)
1 package of Dream Whip, prepared (1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla)
1 block cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 graham cracker crust

This pie is made in three parts and then you put it all together at the end.  Just a heads up.



1). Mix 1 cup boiling water, with 3 tbls of lime juice and the jello packet in a bowl (I used a large cereal bowl).  Place it in the fridge or freezer to partially set.  FYI if you put it in the freezer keep and eye on it













2).  While the jello is setting,  get the Dream Whip together.  In a medium/large bowl mix 1/2 cup cold milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla and the Dream Whip package together according to the package directions.  Place in the fridge to keep cool.










3). Cream the cream cheese and the 1/2 cup sugar together.  Then stir in the partially set jello (I used a whisk because my jello was totally set-freezer).  Once that's well mixed fold in the dream whip.






4). Pour the lovely mint creation into your pie crust.  I found this recipe made more than could fit in my crust so I made up a quick oreo crust in my glass pie pan and poured the leftovers in. 



Let the pie set in the fridge or freezer depending on your time frame.  You can top with lime wedge garnish or extra graham crumbs or whipped cream!




This is a great springtime treat.  So nice and light and super duper refreshing!  This would also be great for Mother's Day!

Housewife How To'sDragonfly Designs


No comments: