Sunday, May 5, 2013

Salad Sunday #1 - Caprese Salad

Welcome to the first installment of 30 Days of Salad!!!  If you're new to 30 Days of Salad welcome.  Wanna know how I came up with this weirdo idea?  Here's the history for a quick laugh! 

This is one of my go-to salads during the summer and since it's nice and quick I thought it would be a good kick off to the 30 Days of Salads Bonanza!  Granted, it's a salad that I eat so fast I never manage to get a photo of it :(  That's how good it is!

2 Roma tomatoes
fresh basil
balsamic vinegar
EVOO
fresh mozzarella or boccaccini

Not much to do here.  Cut up your tomatoes into chunks and toss them in a bowl.  Slice up some fresh basil and throw that in too!

I cut my boccaccini in half so it matches the size of my tomato pieces.  Drizzled with balsamic vinegar and just a splash of olive oil.  Finish with some salt and pepper and go to town!


The great thing about this salad is it can feed 1 or 10 just increase all the ingredients!  And you can make it fancy like the incredible Ree Drumond aka The Pioneer Woman.  Doesn't hers look incredible, all layered and drizzled?!?!?! So gorgeous.

Stay tuned for next week's salad...which may or may not be from my little sister Jill from Envirocraftiness!  See you then!

No comments: