Friday, June 14, 2013

Baby Shower Gifts




One of my very good friends, Andrea, is super pregnant right now.  In fact by the time I get around to publishing this, her little bundle of joy might have joined us already.  She graciously invited me to her baby shower and I so desperately wanted to make her something meaningful.





Early in her pregnancy she mentioned she had wanted a boob hat for her new born, so that when she's breast feeding it will still look like an exposed breast!  We share a somewhat wacky sense of humour :)  
So, of course,  I made her one.


But the piece de resistance?  My first baby blanket ever!


I used a pattern from Garner Studios.  I followed it pretty much to the letter.  But because I crochet tight, I made it a bit wider and a bit longer then the pattern called for.  Oh, and I didn't do the entire border pattern-it was just too big!  Here is everything altogether.


And then, because I was pressed for time (and didn't have time to properly wrap it or even make a card!), I wrapped it all up in the blanket.  I added in a soft fabric book that I picked up along the way called "I Love You"


The bunny was a big hit at the shower.  Actually the whole gift was.  People couldn't believe that I had made the blanket AND the bunny.  I know that bunny was passed around and everyone had to rub it to their cheek to feel how soft it was.  I was so pleased that it was so well loved by both the mama to be and the shower guests! I can't wait to meet Andrea's little one.  I'm guessing it will be a girl, but only because I can't imagine her with a boy!  I guess I'll just have to wait and see....but not much longer.



No comments: