Friday, June 28, 2013

End of the Year

This week marked the last day of dance classes at my studio.  Even though our show was on father's day weekend, we still had a week of classes following the show.  I always let my kids have fun, talk about what their favourite part of the show was, and they get to make up dances on their own.  I love to see their creativity...or lack thereof....

Here are some pictures of my students from the last week of classes

My students are truly crazy.  They came up with this "cheer"/"chant"....I'm not sure if I should be flattered or embarrassed!   Then I have to remember that I am their teacher and I may or may not encourage this type of crazy behaviour!

These are my two intermediate jazz dancers.  This is my second year teaching them and they are so sweet, not to mention growing into two strong little dancers!  They got me this super cute, rhinestone, owl iPhone cover for an end of year gift. Bling bling!

This is one of my teen lyrical classes.  I've taught some of these girls for a couple years, but I'm loosing them to another teacher next year :(  So we celebrated at Menchies.  Twist my rubber arm!


And this is Nat.  I, along with the other competitive teachers, selected her as our studio's most improved dancer!  We selected her in early May but we weren't going to give out the awards until our year end show on June 15th!  It was the hardest secret to keep!
Look at that smile!!!! She is just beaming and I am SO proud of her and can't wait to see her continue to grow and improve!

I love my students, but I am happy I have a solid 2 weeks off until I'm back in the studio for our summer intensive!  I've been busy already with my time off, so stay tuned!

No comments: