Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Gettin' Fancy on a Week Night

I usually try to make "easy" dinners during the week.  Things I can make during the day and that Ty can heat up when he gets home.  But on occasion I will get a big idea that gets me to make a "saturday dinner" on a week day.  This was one of those times.  I had bought some yellow squash and zucchini at the grocery store and thought it was high time to make it.  


1/2 red onion, sliced
2 medium yellow squash
2 medium zuchinni
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp thyme

Wash and slice your squash.  There will be a lot!  Woo! 

Slice your onion.  I used only half and I should have used the whole onion.  But it depends on how big your onion is right?!?!

Saute the onion in a fry pan and transfer to a large casserole dish. 

Then layer your squash as fancy, or not as fancy, as you like, over the onions.


Then you want to combine the garlic, broth, wine, salt and pepper and thyme and pour over the squash.

Cover with foil and bake at 350* for about 45 minutes.  I didn't cover these with foil and the top layer is a little worse for wear.

And if this is too much for you, just fry it up in a fry pan with some salt, pepper, oil and chilli flakes.  You can top with parmesan cheese too!

No comments: