Friday, January 1, 2016

2016

Well, here we are-2016.  Last year I looked forward to 2015 with anticipation! I felt enlightened with the feeling of newness that the New Year brings. This year I definitely don't have that same excitement. I might add I'm nursing a very bizarre injury which has made me quite cranky ๐Ÿ˜’ 

I'm not big into resolutions-it's just a way to make you feel like a failure by February, right?!? One thing that I have tried to maintain, year to year, is my word of the year. My word of the year is something I choose to keep me focused throughout the year.  In 2014 my word was "not my problem". I always take on too much that isn't necessary for me to take on, and it just adds to my stress. I think we're all still working on this.  In 2015 I tried to keep the word "renew"-to view the beginning of every month as New Years, the potential for change and to refresh.

So here is 2016. Ready for my word of the year?  My word of the year is "Empowerment".  I have to thank my good friend Lorelai at Lost Arts Cafe for this word.  I like "empowerment" because it can be whatever I need it to be.  Empowerment allows me to be in control. It's not about being confident, or arrogant-two things I can't do ๐Ÿ˜‰ But "empowerment" allows you to take back yourself.  To take care of yourself, to honour yourself, so that I can serve others-which is always my goal.   Empowerment is a word that builds others up without tearing yourself down. And vice versa. It's a word that can build me up without putting others down. I hope I can hold on to this word throughout the year. 

Do you have a word of the year? Or do you make resolutions? What keeps you motivated throughout the year?

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2016!
*Leslie K


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leslie, I'm honoured... I love your word, & I love your spirit.. let's rock 2016! xo